Tuesday, July 3, 2007

The Big Scare

I had only turned my back for a second. I turned back around just in time to catch the Mrs. in mid air, on her way down to the water. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw the toy X was riding around on half in the water and half on the pool deck.

Then I found him. He was under the water and doing what he had been trained to do. I saw him roll over onto his back, and he was floating to the top -- just as the Mrs. scooped him up.

That moment made all the screaming, all the crying, all the frustration we went through with the swimming lessons worth it.

2 comments:

Natalia said...

WOW! Those scares are quite horrid. My niece went through that but the difference is my sister never took her to the swimming lessons, so one of my cousins jumped in. SCARY! Glad the little one learned what to do.

-N

SS said...

Yikes! That is such a big fear with kids. Good thing X was such a good student!