Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Standing on the Beach...

452268264207_0_ALB

No gun in my hand, no Arabs were harmed in the making of this blog.

We just spent a week at the beach. What a way to recharge your batteries! No places you need to be, no phone ringing of the hook, ah. I could live there and just sit on the balcony of our condo and watch the ocean. The sound of the waves and watching them come in and go out is just so relaxing. I've been back to work for two days now, and I'm still smiling.

I think that one of the reasons I find the beach so relaxing is that the ocean helps to put things into perspective. The vast ocean makes you feel so damn small, like one of the grains of sand you are standing on.

I'm not really one to go too deep into the ocean, usually only waist deep, but this time I was carried away. I found myself out to my shoulders and just letting the waves carry me, up and down. It was almost like meditating. Just me in the huge ocean. Before I knew it, I felt like a kid again, just smiling and laughing without a care in the world.

I'm alive.

4 comments:

SS said...

I'm glad you enjoyed the vacay. But, who took the photo?

I saw the rest btw - looks like a blast!

Paul said...

My cousin took the pics of us.

Natalia said...

You are mad. This is shark capital, dorkus maximus. And we want you to be alive, not eaten by Mr. Jaws.

Other than that...yaay time off. You did seem totally chilled out and relaxed when we saw you. :)

-N

Paul said...

Yeah, sharks kind of freak me out. One guy said he saw one, so we got out of the water...

Unfortunately, the chilledness is beginning to wear off :(