Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Rest in Peace

Tony was just in my office last week -- a week ago today as a matter of fact. When I asked him how he was doing he said "not good Paule. My wife ain't doing so well." He spent an hour telling me all that was going on with Jennifer. He told me about how her cancer had come back, in her spine, and how she had been recovering well from that, but then it showed up in her organs and the treatments weren't helping.
They decided to stop the treatments, and try to make the most of the good days. Between the pain and the medications, it sounded like those were few and far between. He told me that she was in a wheel chair, but she had a good day recently and took it to the mall. He smiled while he told me about that.
My heart went out to Tony. I was shocked to learn this morning that she had passed last night. May she rest in peace.

2 comments:

Natalia said...

It's always hard to believe someone's gone. At least she is not suffering anymore.

-N

Paul said...

Amen Nat.