Wednesday, November 7, 2007

The Tupperware Incident

tupperwareIt was supposed to be a surprise. I had been planning it since February and had enlisted the help of every devious person I know. I had arranged time off, a baby sitter for X and someone to come and stay with the dogs. So when the Mrs. called and asked if I had spent $$$$ with Disney Cruise Lines, naturally I denied it.

the Mrs. -"Hang on there's fraud on our account, I've got the lady on the other line. Lemme conference you in!" 

me - "no no, let her go. It was me, nosy nosy woman. Happy Anniversary.  Why are you looking online at the credit card statement anyway?"

the Mrs. - "I'm not. I was trying to buy some Tupperware and the credit card was declined."

me - "oh. Yeah well -- we definitely need more tupperware, I thought we had a better credit line than that. Sorry. Too bad your surprise was spoiled."

Actually, I was relieved that I didn't have to pack for her, you know I would have really screwed that up!

4 comments:

SS said...

Oh yay!!!! Sooooo fun! Have you been before? If you want, someone with 5 Disney cruises under her belt could offer up some tips ;)

When do you leave?

I surprised the (ex)Hubby with a Disney cruise last year for his b-day and he didn't find out. Yeah, it was a pain to pack for him. Thank your lucky stars she got denied for that tupperware!

Paul said...

5??!!! Wow
It was our 2nd Disney cruise and our 1st 7 day one. We went 2 weeks ago, It was awesome!

Anonymous said...

Sooooo...as a Tupperware demonstrator I am kinda interested in whether you got the Tupperware as well? I certainly hope so - cruises are fine...but Tupperware is forever!

Paul said...

Greg, of course she bought the tupperware!