Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Can't sleep

I lost sleep last night because I kept having all of these ideas about what to write in my blog today. Crazy. Now I've been sitting here for an hour and can't seem to form a coherent thought. Sucks.



Some other reasons I loose sleep, (in no particular order):



Wife must have the TV on

Son kicking me in the back

Afraid of rolling over and crushing son



My mind won't stop racing - rehashing things I should have said or done during the day, what will my blog be today, things that made me laugh, some person long forgotten from high school, you name it.



I think I might unplug the TV so my wife thinks it is broken, and then after she goes to sleep, turn off the monitor so I don't hear when my son wakes up and wants to come to bed with mommy and daddy.

I know that these thing are evil, just thoughts and the idea of going to bed, sleeping all night and waking up refreshed seems like a sweet sweet dream.

9 comments:

Natalia said...

Um yeah. I have that. Well, you know me. My head is always racing. It's hard to shut it off. Last night I considered taking a Tylenol PM as some assistance. I think I have to exercise more. It tires you but releases endorphins.

And now that I have planted the seed of the blog in you...oh boy! You are gonna be having all sort of "I must blog about this!" moments.

Hehehe. I am loving it.

-N

Paul said...

Exercise could help, or kill me... Maybe it is the Classic Tripple with Cheese or the pack of cigarettes I've smoked today that will kill me.

I'm gonna try to give up caffeine and see if that helps...

Natalia said...

I thought you two were gonna give up together when X came along. Where did that dream die? :)

I can't speak. I need to lose weight and get healthier. I started eating better today. Hopefully I make it through the week and the month.

-N

Merritt Fields said...

Hi. natalia sent me over.

You'll enjoy the blogosphere, interesting people reside in your computer and write funny stuff.

And don't worry, you're not losing it. All new bloggers (well, at least me) start thinking of their surroundings in a "can I blog about this" way.

Miss Ash said...

Popped over from Natalia's blog.

I usually lose sleep because of my ever racing mind, sometimes it just does not want to stop.

sassinak said...

hah don't start a sex blog cause then you know what happens? yeah apparently you think about blogging that while doing it!!

anyway i don't think wanting to sleep is evil, buy your wife some really good headphones and teach your son to sleep in his own bed :)

<-- insomniac

<-- nat sent me :)

SS said...

Nat is such a walking (or blogging) endorsement for you ;)

Hey, you think it's bad now but didn't you and the Mrs. say you wanted to adopt a girl soon? I'm guessing you only think you don't get enough sleep now compared to what it will be like then!

Ian said...

Stopping in at Natalia's recommendation. Welcome to the blogosphere!

Ian

Paul said...

Thanks for all the comments! Feeling like part of a community already.